This is me.

My photo
Tennessee, United States
I am a daughter of Christ, wife of Joseph, mother of Peter.

flowers

flowers

Friday, February 21, 2014

Peppermint


Updated on:  4.22.14

PEPPERMINT
(can be used on skin, ingested, diffused and "sniffed")

This is considered a "hot oil", which means it needs to be diluted with another natural oil, like coconut or olive oil.  YL has an oil to mix with it called "V6", but i want to try oils i already have before i buy into more stuff.

1: Mixed olive oil in palm of my hand with a couple drops of Peppermint, rubbed on temples, back of ears, and neck for headache. Felt amazing, like a cooling effect, for a few hours then felt back to normal.

2: Sniffed peppermint and diffused for nausea and headache, nausea got better quickly, headache and neck stress still lingered.

3: Diffused P, relaxed me and got rid of minor nausea and headache. Overall made me feel really good.

4: Diffused and rubbed on temples, back of neck and behind ears, felt wonderful and helped me relax the tension in my neck but didn't take the pressure away in my sinuses, but made me more comfortable.

5: Had a very exciting moment today. Woke up with a stiff neck, nausea, tight sinuses, headache, the works (that's not the exciting moment). Rubbed undiluted Peppermint on the back of my neck, behind my ears, and on my toes, yes toes (then put socks on). Within minutes I felt better, and I mean a lot better after hours of feeling on the verge of up-chucking and throbbing headache. I'm excited about this, because I desperately want to get rid of chemically ridden drugs. Thanks to Lauren Johnson for showing me the vita flex foot chart and suggesting undiluted peppermint.

6: It struck me the other day that I have been feeling pretty good recently when it came to headaches, taking very little to no medication.  What i realized is that i have been putting Peppermint on, neat (undiluted) at the very first early sign of a headache.  I'll put it across my forehead, temples, around my ear (jaw line), behind my ear and across the back of my neck.  Yeah, i kinda feel like i'm tacking a bath in it, but it's incredibly relieving.  I've started carrying it with me every where i go too.  Guys, this one is legit.

7: as soon as i'm feeling headache-y, nauseous or generally "bleh", i'll rub peppermint across my forehead, behind my ears, across the back of my hairline on my neck and on my temples.  It feels incredible and easily calms, if not takes away any poor feelings i was having.  I now carry peppermint everywhere i go with a little rollerball on the bottle for easy application, also, it smells amazing.  Last night i had an upset stomach, I put the oils every where i normally do, then added some to the top of my stomach and in my belly button.  I know, sounds crazy but i easily went to sleep without needing pepto or anything else.  Boom, awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Going into the allergy season, this is really good to know. I get sinus headaches from time to time especially when a new season rolls around. I will definitely try this. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete