This is me.

My photo
Tennessee, United States
I am a daughter of Christ, wife of Joseph, mother of Peter.

flowers

flowers

Friday, February 21, 2014

Lemon

UPDATED: 2/24/14


I've heard really good things about this one when it comes to cleaning and healing, but have only tried it a couple times.

1: Joe gets really bad ulcers, and heard this would help heal them.  I probably didn't give it enough of a try, but i did nothing.  sad.

2: Used it on acne on my face and prefer Frankincense.

3: I read that Lemon can be good for reflux.  I have taken reflux medicine for years and years, and am hoping that this could be a possible solution, that would be amazing!  The suggestion i saw was to place a drop or two in my mouth, swish it around with saliva and swallow.  I tried it tonight, but i know the best time to try it is in the morning.  So far it's working well, i'll omit my meds in the morning and see if i can use the lemon in it's place.  Oh snap that would be amazing.

4: Attempted the Lemon as a reflux med (and omitted my Rx).  I put 2-3 drops on my tongue and swished around with my saliva for a couple seconds and swallowed.  I was shocked at how well it worked throughout the day, and i threw some common reflux problems at it.  Ate spicy, cheese, chocolate, and acidic. Which normally would bother me, especially if i hadn't taken my prescription Protonix.  SO, i would say that it was a very successful trial.  BUT, the weird lemony taste that it left in my mouth, first thing in the morning, was nothing to desire, actually kinda gross.  Because of that i won't use it on a regular basis, however, i've seen that you can put the oils in a capsule, which i will probably try.  First, i'll try a couple other oils that can be used as reflux meds and see if i like anything better.

5: For months i've been using a high-ish end cream for my face, and although lots of people have had great results, i haven't felt like it's done enough to make it worth the money.  So i started using lemon oil on a cotton pad morning and night, and i also put it on my three inch scar on my neck from a partial thyroidectomy (from almost 2 years ago).  The other day my mom said how all of a sudden my scar was looking really good and the color was lightening.  I hadn't told her i had been doing anything differently, so the comment was completely random! It's working!!  I feel like it is also lightening the acne scars i have on my face.  I'll give it a couple more days/weeks and see if i can get a good before/after photo. I take a daily acid reflux medication, whenever i feel like it's not working, i'll put 2-4 drops of lemon into a small glass of water and i'll down it.  The heartburn goes away, not kidding! I'm still doing more research on whether it's wise to ingest the lemon daily. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting…..didn't know that about lemon. I need to study up on some of the oils too to see what they claim.

    ReplyDelete